Social and environmental responsibility: sights on 2023
A commitment only has meaning if it leads to concrete action. To ensure optimal effectiveness, we've developed a roadmap that sets specific goals to be achieved by all our teams by 2023. This document acts as a framework for our contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
In total, there are thirteen priorities broken down into three core strategic areas, the frontline implementation of which is closely monitored by our CSR Committee.
Make a commitment to people
1. Ensure the health and safety of employees and subcontractors
2. Enhance skills, promote talents and career development
- 3. Strengthen employee commitment
- 4. Incorporate and foster diversity as a valuable contribution
- 5. Be a valued and contributing partner to our host communities
A mechanism at all of our sites for dialogue with local stakeholders
An investment programme at all of our sites for contributing to local development, with a focus on youth initiatives
Responsibly contribute to the economy
6. Become a leader in the metals involved in the energy transition, including supplying electric transport batteriesAgir activement pour le développement de l'économie circulaire
7. Actively contribute to growing the circular economy
8. Become a benchmark for human rights in our sector of business
9. Be the preferred ethical partner
10. Establish ourselves as a benchmark responsible company in the mining and metallurgy industry
2 Mt of dangerous waste and low-grade minerals recycled over the 2019-2023 period through innovative actions.
10 Kt of waste recycled instead of going to landfill from 2019 to 2023 through innovative actions.
Make a firm commitment to the planet
11. Cut our air emissions
12. Accelerate the restoration of our mining sites by fostering biodiversity
13. Reduce our energy and climate footprint
80% fewer tonnes of channelled dust emitted versus 2018
26% less CO2 per tonne of product output versus 2018